With the model new rules the Immigration Division has shifted the worth of printing the applying sort to residents whereas moreover going cashless. With the cash that immigration will save on printing one would have hoped that they’d make the passport expenses cheaper nonetheless they’ve in its place added 50 shillings to each of the sooner expenses.
Beneath are the preliminary steps that Kenyans applying for a passport ought to observe.
1. Go to ecitizen.go.ke and register an account.
2. Login to the ecitizen platform after worthwhile registration and navigate to Division of Imigration Firms then submit software program then Passport and Brief-term Permits.
3. It’s best to then click on on on Passport Utility sort. The online web page that opens has instructions on learn the way to fill the applying sort.
4. After learning the instructions nagivate downwards after which click on on on apply now.
5. Fill the applying sort.
6. Select the mode of price after which pay the passport expenses. The associated fee modes are: M-PESA, Debit/Credit score rating Card, Airtel Money and eCitizen Agent.
7. Receive and print the applying and three software program receipts.
8. Submit the applying sort particularly particular person plus the required paperwork to an immigration centre near you (Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu).
The passport expenses that apply are as follows
- 32 Pages – Kshs. 4,550
- 48 pages – Kshs. 6,050
- 64 Pages – Kshs. 7,550
- East African Passport – Kshs. 990
- Diplomatic passport (48 net web page) – Kshs 7,550
- Mutilated Passport – Kshs 10,050
- Misplaced Passport Ksh. 12,050
Kindly remember that the model new passport expenses embrace a Ksh. 50 consolation fee which is most definitely going to the company that constructed the eCitizen platform. Moreover, funds by means of Debit/Credit score rating Card entice an extra 2.5% coping with fee.
The other processes along with the paperwork wished keep the an identical. Earlier articles that I’ve written about Kenyan passports are beneath. One factor to note is that Kenyans can now observe the progress of their passports by means of the ecitizen website as quickly as they’ve accomplished the applying course of.